The conference took place at the headquarter of the Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute in Braunschweig (Brunswick), Germany. The Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute is the German Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries.
Thünen Institute - Forum
Coordinates: Lat.: 52.28957- Long.: 10.44871
- Thünen Institute Website
- Braunschweig Tourist Office (http://www.braunschweig.de/english/index.html)
- Map of the Thünen campus (pdf document, German)
Travelling by car
Braunschweig is accessible from both the motorway A 2 Berlin-Dortmund (East-West) and the A 39 Braunschweig-Salzgitter (North-South).
- Coming from Dortmund (A 2): Exit the motorway at Braunschweig-Watenbüttel heading towards Braunschweig. Continue on B 214 to Watenbüttel, turn right at the second traffic light, and follow the road for about 2 km, and find the entrance gate to your right.
- Coming from Berlin (A 2): Exit the Autobahn at Braunschweig Nord onto A 391 heading toward Kassel. Exit A 391 at Braunschweig-Lehndorf, turn right and follow the street for about 3 km. You will see the entrance gate straight ahead.
- Coming from Kassel (A 7) and Salzgitter (A 39): Exit the motorway from Kassel at Dreieck Salzgitter onto A 39 towards Berlin/Braunschweig. At Dreieck Braunschweig-Südwest exit to A 391 and further exit to Braunschweig-Lehndorf, travel towards Lehndorf. After about 3 km you will see the entrance gate straight ahead.
Travelling by train
Travel to Braunschweig Hauptbahnhof (main station). Travel information for the Deutsche Bahn is available here.
You can easily continue your trip from the main station by public transportation or by taxi.
The bus lines 411 towards "Lamme" and the 461 towards the "PTB" run regularly from Braunschweig Hauptbahnhof to the Thünen Institute. Exit the bus at the "Bundesallee" stop. The bus stop is located directly at the entrance to the Thünen Institute. Since the Thünen compound is very extensive, please arrange some time for a walk. The walk from the main entrance to Forum, the main venue, requires about 15 minutes.
Schedules for the public buses of Braunschweig can be found here.
Travelling by plane
From both airports in Hannover and Berlin you can comfortably continue your trip to Braunschweig via train:
Hannover Airport, transfer to main station and continue by train (hourly ICE and IC connections to Braunschweig). Further, the Braunschweig tourist agency offers an airport transfer service. Please book your transfer well in advance.
Berlin Tegel or Berlin Schönefeld, transfer to main station and continue by train (hourly ICE connections to Braunschweig).